dimanche 20 octobre 2013

Quiche d'Automne with chanterelles

I really got into the home made puff pastry lately. Since the Backyard Dinner at least.

I made a large batch (so that I would have enough for an apple and pear pie façon Tatin as well as) for a savory dish.

Here is the best quiche I've made this fall,
The Chanterelles Quiche on a Crust of Puff Pastry

Oh the buttery fluffiness of this crust!
I had gorgeous locally harvested mushrooms from my food Co-op, so I came up with a Chanterelles quiche recipe that would carry the flavours of autumn.

It was so delicious that just writing down this recipe days later makes me drool.


To make this recipe you need to get approx. 250g of puff pastry.

I made mine from scratch following this recipe in french (enough for 2 pies)
You can use a store bought one or maybe your favourite artisan baker can make it for you on order.



A}
Blind bake the rolled out puff pastry in a pie dish, with weight on it !!

(dry beans on parchment paper will do)
at 350F for 20 min.

B}
Meanwhile, sauté in a pan with olive oil the following 4 ingredients:

  • 1 french shallot, thinly chopped, golden with a bit of salt
  • 2 cups of chanterelles washed (or dry brushed) and chopped roughly
  • a handful of fresh thyme, stemmed
  • 4 to 8 slices of smoked prosciutto, sliced roughly


C}
When all is golden (10 to 15 minutes) add these 4 ingredients to the quiche batter below:

  • 4 organic free-range eggs
  • 2 tabsp of grated cheese of your choice (organic cheddar works well)
  • some soft goat cheese, crumbled

D}
Pour the whole thing on the blind baked pastry (removing the beans & parchment paper) and bake for 20 to 25 min at 350F.



 It.
Was.
Incredible.

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire